Margate Ant Control Services
Eliminating Ants in Broward County Homes & Businesses
At Optimus Pest Control, we probably get more people calling us about ant problems than any other pest. Luckily, we are experts in treating ant issues of all types and have helped many homes and businesses across Broward County take care of infestations. Whether you have fire ants, sugar ants, pavement ants, or any other species, our knowledgeable ant control specialists can effectively identify the type, locate their nests, and eliminate the population.
While most ants may seem harmless, if left unaddressed, they can get into food, damage properties, and spread bacteria. Depending on the species, they can put you at risk of receiving itchy bites and stings. Having a professional ant control technician you can trust is crucial to quickly eliminate any infestations and prevent the population from spreading.
Call (305) 707-0088 or use our contact request form to schedule a free estimate!
“From scheduling to pricing, to servicing, this company is hard to beat! Xavier, the technician, shows up on time and is extremely knowledgeable of his craft. I would highly recommend Optimus Pest Control for any of your pest control needs!”Kristin W.
You may know that your property has an ant problem, but a crucial part of eliminating the infestation is knowing which species of ant is invading. There are over 1,000 discovered ant species residing in the U.S., but only a small segment of these species commonly invade homes. Ant species have different behaviors, appearances, and food preferences, and knowing this information will help in putting together an effective treatment method.
Some of the more common species you may encounter are:
- Fire ants: These brownish-red ants earn their name for the painful sting they inflict, which can feel like your skin is burning. They are known for building very large visible mounds outdoors that make it obvious that you have an infestation. These mounds can be dangerous to disturb and can be especially risky for pets and children to come in contact with.
- Carpenter ants: Larger than the typical species of ant, carpenter ants can be very destructive to wooden elements of your home as they chew wood in order to create nests. The damage they cause often gets them confused with termites.
- Odorous house ants: These shiny black ants get their name from the distinctive smell they emit when they have been crushed. They have an affinity for sugary foods and their small size makes it hard to keep them out of homes if they find an entry point.
- Pavement ants: As their name suggests, these ants like to live in or around paved cement. You may often see these pests crawling between cracks in the sidewalk or under rocks. When they venture indoors, it’s to scavenge for greasy foods or sweets.
Our experienced technicians can help you to identify precisely which species of ant is coming into your home and will put together a control program to get rid of the infestation and keep it away with preventative measures and environmental changes.
We Know How Ants Operate
Ants are known to have extremely large colonies and are notorious for creating big unsightly mounds in a yard or hiding inside the dark, secluded crevices of your home or commercial property. They like to stay out of sight in their nests and only come out when foraging for food. If you leave a piece of food out on the premises, a large numbers of ants may converge, which indicates a colony is nearby and has discovered a point of entry to gain access and scavenge.
Ants can enter your home through the tiniest cracks and gaps. If you notice a single ant or a small handful, these are worker ants on the hunt for starchy or sugary food items. When they find something to eat, these scout ants leave pheromones to alert the worker ants waiting in the colony to come to the food source. The ants then arrive in a long line, following the pheromone trail left behind. If you spot a line of dozens of ants marching one behind the other, they are either moving toward food or bringing it back to the nest.
Some of the common areas that ants infest include:
- Trash cans
- Food pantries
- Storage areas
Get started by giving us a call at (305) 707-0088 or completing our online form to schedule a free estimate! We are eager to help you.
Our Process for Successful Ant Control
An ant control program put together and executed by a professional is vital if you want to get rid of an invasion quickly and prevent reinfestation. Optimus Pest Control offers fair, honest pricing with free estimates and presents you with standard or eco-friendly methods of control so you can choose what option works best for you.
Here’s what to expect when you call us:
- Initial inspection: Upon our first contact, we will schedule an appointment for inspection to get a better understanding of your ant problem. In some cases, we can give you an estimate over the phone.
- Estimate: After the inspection, we will provide you with a personalized treatment plan of how we’d address the ant infestation and an estimate of the costs. Upon your approval, we will schedule a treatment date.
- Treatment application: We will arrive to your property and execute our control strategy using the best pesticides available. We strategically apply these products in active areas, around nesting sites, and points of entry.
- Preventative measures: Depending on your preferences, we can return periodically to apply preventative pesticide applications, seal points of entry, apply bait, and take other measures to ensure the ant population doesn’t return.
At Optimus Pest Control, we care about your comfort. We have the skills to sufficiently control your ant issues and will do so with exceptional customer service. Our technicians will treat you and your property with respect and take great care when carrying out our control program. You can rest assured that when you call us, we will handle things professionally from beginning to end.
Why Optimus Pest Control?Real Solutions Guaranteed
At Optimus Pest Control, we personalize every treatment to your specific pest problem using the right techniques and reliable products. No matter the severity of your pest problem, our team is here to help.
We continually strive to always do what's right for our customers and for each other by providing constant communication.
Our licensed exterminators are knowledgeable when it comes to safely and effectively remedying pest issues.
Our experienced team is committed to quality and ensuring your pest problem is solved.
Contact Us Today!
- Coconut Creek
- Coral Springs
- Miami Beach
- & More